FIOS availability in NE Washington DC
purplereign1
Enthusiast - Level 1

With the multiple commercials on television advertising FIOS, I was wondering when it would be available in my neighborhood in NE Washington, DC. It is available in SE Washington and in the surrounding Maryland and Virginia suburbs, and was supposed to be available in this neighborhood in spring 2011. However you cannot get a clear answer as to when it will be available, whether there are delays, or what the true situation is.

Re: FIOS availability in NE Washington DC
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Purplereign,

You will not find a date for future availability as it is subject to several factors that can influence it and make targets move.  The best option you have is to sign up for notification of availability at Check for FiOS Availability website to keep you updated. Once the deployment is completed and testing is approved for an area you will be notified and can submit an order for service.  Additionally we canvass areas to inform you of your new service option as it comes online.

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: FIOS availability in NE Washington DC
purplereign1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Mike....will go to the Fios Availability page & sign up for the updates. The people here in DC are getting restless because in 2009 the Mayor (now former Mayor) and Verizon signed an agreement to have Fios installed in the city with my neighborhood being originally slated to have it installed in 2011. If it doesn't come soon many will either switch their tv/television/internet services (back to) to either Comcast or RCN.