FIOS Internet and phone down, but TV still works?
seiryu

Hi Everyone, I just switched to verizon FIOS about a week ago. Everything was working fine until I came home from work last night. While FIOS T.V. was working, there was no intenet connection and my FIOS phone service was not working. Here are the symptoms:

Phone: No dial tone, when calling my number it goes straight to voicemail. When I pick up the phone I can hear a fairly loud staticy noise. I've tried disconnecting\reconnecting all phone lines, etc.

Internet: I connect to the FIOS router and it says "Cable Disconnected" for the coax WAN connection. My LAN works fine, obviously, there is just no outbound connection. I've power cycled my router, disabled\re-enabled the WAN interface, disconnected all of my phone lines and power cycled the router. I've reseated the coax connection, and went outside the house to verify that lines from the verizon box to the coax going into my house are plugged in.

I called Verizon tech support and they did some tests and said that there may be a line break. They said they'll send a technician out, but that's going to take 3 days. So I have to go three days without phone or internet. Anyway, my question to this forum is, are there any other troubleshooting steps I can take to see if this is a problem on my end? I don't know enough about the way that all this works to say for sure, but if I am able to get FIOS T.V., wouldn't a line break somewhere stop this from working? Is there any other problem that anyone can think of that may cause this behavior? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Internet and phone down, but TV still works?
seiryu

Wife called Verizon and let them know that it's imperative we get our phone back up.  Verizon sent someone to our house within two hours.  According to the verizon tech the ONT box (or possible something in it, not sure) was dead.  He replaced it and everything is working now. 

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Glad your issue was resolved!

0 Likes
VZ_Brett
Contributor - Level 2

Seiryu, the reason the TV was still working is because the data & voice work on 1490 wavelength, while the Video is fead in after the fact on 1550 wavelegth, same fiber. So seems like the ONT was powered on but an issue w/ the 1490. Glad everything is working though! Brett

0 Likes