Fios Unavailability Issue
dreplays

Hello,

I am attempting to get Verizon Fios but online (and through phone customer support) it states it is not available. Behind my Condo building there is a grate type thing that is for Verizon Fios with Fios cables coming out of it and each one labeled for each of the four condo rooms in my building. The cables are just neatly placed leaning against my building waiting for some one to come and put the cables into my building so I have Fios? Another of the cables is going into the building next to mine (the building is physically attached the my building) and I believe my neighbors have Fios. Again, customer service told me that none of my neighbors have Fios either. 

I had a technician come out this morning to help me fix a problem I was having with their Verizon DSL (I ended up cancelling DSL/Direct TV package during all this frustration) and the technician told me that the grate with the Fios cables was ready to go and be installed to my condo. His boss told him that my location (Stoughton, MA) has been all set up everywhere to have Fios. He then told me that it would take one to two months of them to come and put the cables into my building. At the time of hearing this it sounded like he just made up a figure, from his voice and tone. Now this turns into a two parter, please try to follow my logic. 
1)  I do not have Fios so why would they come into my home and wire it up when I currently have Comcast? It doesn't make sense that they would force a product in your home without you subscribing to it. (I do want it just making a point)

2) Who contacts me and when? How do I get information on when this will be happening. The grate with the Verizon Fios cables coming out of it has been installed there more than a year ago. I doubt it takes a year and a couple of months to put the cables from the grate inside my home.

Is there any way to contact a Fios Engineer directly to tell them to put the wire inside my home from the outside that it is leaning on? How can it take one day for a technician to come to my home and try to solve my DSL problem but they are too busy to connect my home for Fios? I don't understand what I can possible do next. Waiting is not an option, waiting means I will get Comcast for another year or two - which means most likely even when Fios does finally become 'available' I will not get it.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios Unavailability Issue
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@dreplays wrote:

Hello,

I am attempting to get Verizon Fios but online (and through phone customer support) it states it is not available. Behind my Condo building there is a grate type thing that is for Verizon Fios with Fios cables coming out of it and each one labeled for each of the four condo rooms in my building. The cables are just neatly placed leaning against my building waiting for some one to come and put the cables into my building so I have Fios? Another of the cables is going into the building next to mine (the building is physically attached the my building) and I believe my neighbors have Fios. Again, customer service told me that none of my neighbors have Fios either. 

I had a technician come out this morning to help me fix a problem I was having with their Verizon DSL (I ended up cancelling DSL/Direct TV package during all this frustration) and the technician told me that the grate with the Fios cables was ready to go and be installed to my condo. His boss told him that my location (Stoughton, MA) has been all set up everywhere to have Fios. He then told me that it would take one to two months of them to come and put the cables into my building. At the time of hearing this it sounded like he just made up a figure, from his voice and tone. Now this turns into a two parter, please try to follow my logic. 
1)  I do not have Fios so why would they come into my home and wire it up when I currently have Comcast? It doesn't make sense that they would force a product in your home without you subscribing to it. (I do want it just making a point)

2) Who contacts me and when? How do I get information on when this will be happening. The grate with the Verizon Fios cables coming out of it has been installed there more than a year ago. I doubt it takes a year and a couple of months to put the cables from the grate inside my home.

Is there any way to contact a Fios Engineer directly to tell them to put the wire inside my home from the outside that it is leaning on? How can it take one day for a technician to come to my home and try to solve my DSL problem but they are too busy to connect my home for Fios? I don't understand what I can possible do next. Waiting is not an option, waiting means I will get Comcast for another year or two - which means most likely even when Fios does finally become 'available' I will not get it.

You need to see if your condo board already did the agreement with FiOS to bring it in, and if they have not, and are willing to, then they need to start the conversation with verizon and get all the formality's out of the way.  it sounds like verizon is in your area, and probably ready to expand, so if that conversation hasn't started, then it needs to.  http://communities.verizon.com/default.aspx?page=home

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@dreplays wrote:

Hello,

You need to see if your condo board already did the agreement with FiOS to bring it in, and if they have not, and are willing to, then they need to start the conversation with verizon and get all the formality's out of the way.  it sounds like verizon is in your area, and probably ready to expand, so if that conversation hasn't started, then it needs to.  http://communities.verizon.com/default.aspx?page=home

0 Likes
Marshrat11

Deaing with a similiar issue, Told I don't have Fios available but my neighbor who uses the same telephone pole it is available. I had a Verizon Technician fixing my neighbors phone line standing in my driveway tell me it is available, its right there on the pole ready to go. Are you suppose to believe the 4 Customer Service people sitting on their butt in front of a computer or the Service Tech standing in my driveway? Then have the manager of Customer service tell you it would be 6 months to have an Engineer come out to look up and say "oh yeah its available, update the computer".  This must be the worst Customer Service I've ever dealt with.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Expect this thread to be locked due to age.

Do you haveVerizon phone service?

If not, try ordering that to see if you can then get FIOS service.
That helps some times.

0 Likes
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1
As this thread is now over five years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes