Incoming FTP problem.
ImNotDave
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a web server that I lease from a server provider in Dallas.  On this server I host several web sites.  There is a process on the server that perfoms a back up to a desktop on my home network via FTP.  I have had this running for several years with no issue.  As of two - three days ago the FTP is constantly failing.  I manually SSH'd into the server and manually tried the back up and got a failure.  I then tried to FTP from the server to my desktop on the home network (using my IP as the connect) and got an the error "No route to host".  At that point I quit FTP and tried to ping my home network (again usng my IP) and had no error (ergo there is a route to the server). Nothing in my router settings (i.e. firewall settings) nor in the configuration for my FTP server has changed.  Nothing has changed on the web server.  Has ther been some sort of change at VZ that woudl be blocking my server from FTPing into my home network?  If so is theer a way to turn it off so I can conyinue to make my back ups?

0 Likes
Re: Incoming FTP problem.
ImNotDave
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank but I resolved the issue.  Seems the newer version of FireZilla FTP server had new parameters that I needed to set differently.  All is wll now.