Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

More CMR malarky

JS09
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

More CMR malarky

Message 1 of 2
(442 Views)

I have scowered the Fios forums and see that Verizon has a definite and reoccuring problem with not burying the Fiber Optic lines. My story goes like this. I was raking some gravel out in my backyard and surprise! a Fiber line less than an inch under then gravel. Long story short, line was severed, tech came dropped a temporary line, a week later a "new" line was installed. 5 weeks later, I owe CMR almost $200. Apparently common sense does not prevail with the installers/line buriers OR Fios. Fios and CMR say I am required by law to call 811 when moving/grading/removing dirt.

I could rant all day about this.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Fios contact me about this.

1 REPLY 1
LawrenceC
Moderator Moderator

Re: More CMR malarky

Message 2 of 2
(428 Views)

Hi JS09,

Claims Management Resources (CMR) is a Verizon authorized vendor that provides invoicing services to recover Verizon’s cost to repair damage done to the Company’s facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
• Buried and Aerial lines
• Poles
• Conduit and vehicles
CMR can handle disputes of claims directly, and works with the local field office that performed the repair. If you wish to dispute a CMR claim, you may contact them by phone at 1-800-321-4158 or by email at bswcomplaint@cmrclaims.com.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title