Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Overcome

zanybees
Contributor
Contributor

Overcome

Message 1 of 4
(6,392 Views)

I currently use Outlook Express for my verizon email (better setup)

I have to go into the verizon site to delete all of my emails because deleting them from outlook does not remove them from the verizon server.  I was not aware of this until I had an overwhelming amount of emails in my verizon acct.  (Over 7,000):smileysad:

Anyways, it will only let me delete 50 at a time and is taking forever.  There must be a quicker way.  Does anyone have any ideas on how I can do this quicker? 

Any help would be really great.

3 REPLIES 3
dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Overcome

Message 2 of 4
(6,388 Views)
In OE, go to Tools -> Accounts.

Select your e-mail account.

Then go to the advanced tab. Remove the check mark for "Leave a copy of messages on server"

And press ok.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

zanybees
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(6,385 Views)
oh dear, that was awful.  I went through the steps and now it is downloading all of my emails from teh verizon acct. (over 6,000 of them) into my outlook mailbox.  Please help someone!!!Robot Sad
dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(6,294 Views)

In the meantime as you wait for a faster way of deleting the mail on the server.

If you did what I told you to do:

#1 Once all of the messages are downloaded, you will never have that issue again.

#2 That is unless someone using your computer, changes that setting.. 😉

[EDIT]

Found something.

I do not know when it was added.

Click on *Empty*

Sample screen shot

What I found in the webmail

Message Edited by dslr595148 on 01-25-2009 04:19 PM

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title