Please sort out the rewards card issue!
SKreon

This has been going for months if not years.

Reward redemption link either doesn't appear, or leads to a broken site (vzrewards).

Please fix this, or it's looking like a scam.

0 Likes
Re: Please sort out the rewards card issue!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi SKreon,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Why giftcard redemption doesn't work - an answer!
SKreon

This forum is filled with lots of similar messages about gift card redemption problems. Then all these problems get "solved" via private messaging.

I had gone through this myself, and want to post a public summary of what's communicaated, so new people can find this useful and save themselves time posting here.

Here is how I understand it:

1) You sign up for a fios plan that promises a giftcard.

2) A month passes, you receive an email "time to redeem your gift card".

The instructions in the email are not followable ("on your VZ dashboard, click on the image of giftcard, follow instructions from there", and that image if MIA), or the links you find lead to long offlined site vzrewards.verison.com.

Also, if you go to https://rewards.verizon.com/home/ (that some people suggested), you see no info about your giftcard.

The issue seems to be (everything here is an educated guess) with the terms and conditions of the promo. You need to be a standing client for 2 months or so, to be eligible for it. The system is misfiring and sending "redeem giftcard" emails after a month.

The answer I received from VZ was "there is a 65 day waiting period for this promotion so once that time has passed, you will be able to redeem".

I also vaguely recall that one has to apply for the card within 60 days. So, what I am planning to do is keep logging in to VZ Dashboard day 59 through 66, and checking if the redemption instructions become followable. Or maybe there will be another email from VZ around that time.

I hope people find this info helpful.

0 Likes