"Closed" Repair Tickets
Jeff_Garrison

Why does Verizon "close" repair tickets when the work has not been completed? 

Friday my underground FiOS cable was cut somewhere between the junction box and my garage.  I called Verizon; a tech arrived at 5pm.  He said he couldn't determine where the break was (that would require a digging crew) but did run a 500 foot, above-ground jumper cable from the junction box (that's on the other side of my neighbor's house), behind the house next door, behind my house and into my garage (under the garage door) and into my home panel.  This jumper cable is just a black wire on top of the ground with nothing to protect it, so the repair work was not done; the tech came out to make sure I'd been provided with service again.  Friday night I received a text message telling me the repair ticket was closed.  I had no way to comment or respond -- you know, the proverbial Verizon "do not respond" message.

Saturday morning we lost service again -- but all the lights on our garage box were green.  I called Verizon tech support again and was told that work was being done on a major junction box in our area, and about 100 customers were without service.  I also went through the litany about what happened the day before and asked why I'd gotten a message telling me the ticket was closed.  Tech support couldn't answer, except to acknowledge that the repair ticket was, indeed, closed.  He said he'd re-open it and said we should see a digging crew and tech first thing Monday morning.  Several hours later I received a text message that service had been restored and the repair ticket for our account was closed.

Today is Monday.  At 10:30 I called Verizon tech support to complain that no digging crew had arrived as promised.  I was informed that there was no open repair ticket!  We now have a crew scheduled to arrive tomorrow at 8am.

The repair work was never done; a temporary jury-rig was hooked-up to provide us service until the proper repair could be done; yet Verizon closed the repair ticket -- TWICE.

And, of course, Verizon doesn't provide e-mail or snail mail addresses to allow us to complain.  Instead, we're directed here to the "community" where we can commiserate with each other.  Not very consumer friendly.  As soon as my contract is up, I'm leaving the Verizon community and returning to DISH.

0 Likes
Re: "Closed" Repair Tickets
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes