Service outage updates
Columbia11
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Fios internet and phone service (TV OK) went down about two days ago.  I contacted customer service which determined there was a wide-spread outage and gave me an estimate of about 12 hours for a repair.  They also signed me up to receive updates to my cell phone.

Well, the internet and phone came back about 6 hours later - good.  However, while I think I got one cell phone update, since then I have been getting email updates every few hours extending the estimated repair time.  This has gone on for two days now.

First of all, why am I getting these notices if my service has been restored?  Secondly, if I were still without service,  these "updates" would be increasingly  irrelevant and irritating.

I don't know what you can do about this, but it doesn't make Verizon look as if it has much of a handle on updating.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Service outage updates
Columbia11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me again.  Now day three and the "updating" messages continue.  At some point all  these do is add to the customer's frustration.  Maybe, at some point, reprogram the system to say: "Sorry, we don't have any idea when this will be fixed, and we don't want to irritate you any more than we already have, so we'll stop with the "updates".  If your service has  already been restored, we apologise; if it hasn't, we apologise for that. It will be when we finally figure out what's going on".

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Columbia11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me again.  Now day three and the "updating" messages continue.  At some point all  these do is add to the customer's frustration.  Maybe, at some point, reprogram the system to say: "Sorry, we don't have any idea when this will be fixed, and we don't want to irritate you any more than we already have, so we'll stop with the "updates".  If your service has  already been restored, we apologise; if it hasn't, we apologise for that. It will be when we finally figure out what's going on".

0 Likes
jeffm
Enthusiast - Level 3

there seems to be an internet outage in Columbia MD today (12/10/13) - how can I check if it's just me?

Jeff

0 Likes