Spam??
Kagome

Not sure if this is allowed but need to know where to go to question this. A few months ago I received an email from a "recruiter" stating a local store was hiring and wanted me to fax all my personal info to them I never did now I have this email and wanted to know if anyone else got this and is this one also a scam? Do you know where in Verizon I can report these because I called everywhere and no one knows?

Thanks Kagome

Flag this message
Part-time position available in Sarasota
Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:18 PM
"Jenny Benini" {edited for privacy}
Add sender to Contacts
To:
undisclosed-recipients

I recently came across your resume in CareerBuilder and would love to speak with you about a Part-time position I have available with my company, MarkerStar. The following is some information about this program:

Position is a part-time(up to 32 hours) position with our Verizon Home Services Client within a Best Buy Store in Sarasota .
Days are Thurs – Sun
Salary on the position is $13/hr + unlimited commissions

If this sounds like something you would be interested in please give me a call at the below listed number. Also, check us out at www.marketstar.com, the job title is a Retail Sales Representative.

Thanks and have a great day!

Jenny Benini

{edited for privacy}

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MarketStar | People & Knowledge Accelerating Sales | www.marketstar.com

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. Dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by replying to sender..

0 Likes
Re: Spam??
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Do you have your resume up on CareerBuilder? If so, you'll get a lot of emails like this, from various companies.

MarketStar is a real outsourcing company, their website is http://marketstar.com/  Searching their job postings based on the info in the email you posted, I believe the position they are referring to is this one. "MarketStar currently has opportunities available for part time Retail Sales Representative who will focus exclusively on driving sales for a major telecommunications company at selected retail outlet locations."

Looks legit from what I can see. Lots of companies use these contracting companies to fill positions, and there are a ton of outsourcing companies out there.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes