Stayed home all day, waited into the night, no internet, no commitment to keep me
FiOSbridesmaid
Enthusiast - Level 2

On several occassions now the FiOS team has failed to send a person when they said they could when I'm without internet and it is my only means of entertainment.

Today I was on the phone for an outage at 9am.  I stayed on hold for over an hour and 15 minutes.

I was told my issue was escalated and it should be resolved in 24-48 hours.  Naturally I didn't rest there.

I kept calling throughout the day, but the system would send me to billing (I figure that out 4-5 hours later) and if I disconnected some of the techs would not call me back.

After holding once for 20 minutes a gentleman just said something about the phones being down and to call back and he just hung up.

For the most part the people on the phone really did try to help, but no one had an explanation why my order {edited for privacy}wasn't processed.  

No one has any idea why I wasn't contacted.

So now FiOS is asking me to wait on them until next week and I'm sorry.  I SO LOVE FIOS!!! but if I can't depend on you I don't want you.

If someone is not here tomorrow I've decided I'm moving on to an inferior product Clear 4G, but at least I can have a part overnighted and I won't have to rely on a technician who would not phone me or call and make me wait an entire weekend.

I will not be able to watch any movies, shows on Hulu, or any sports this weekend because of this.

I lost money and didn't get paid today waiting for no one to show.

The delays of waiting on hold and being told one thing after another by those poor folks who were helpless to help me meant that several phone calls took hours and hours and by the time I found out what I was supposed to do everything was closed.

I'm so disappointed in you Verizon FiOS.  This will most likely be goodbye if no one is here tomorrow.

Re: Stayed home all day, waited into the night, no internet, no commitment to keep me
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about the dissappointment here. We would like to help out on the matter. I have sent you a private message to request more information from you.

0 Likes
Re: Stayed home all day, waited into the night, no internet, no commitment to keep me
FiOSbridesmaid
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Verizon for listening to your customers!

I didn't ever get nasty with the people on the phone during my 20+ hours of calling tech support, billing, and account management.

The tech just left and I have the best high speed internet on the planet again.  #closecall

The issue was resolved when the tech discovered.  When I was upgraded to FiOSTV that the remote changes switched ports in my multi-dwelling unit communication box.  The technician found the error and worked with the phone crew back at home base to resolve this in about 2 hours.

Thanks Anthony for your private message sending me to the place where I could raise the issue.

I was lucky enough to find a phone tech person (Jane) who listened to everything I had gone through, read through all the logs from over the hours of being on the phone with different techs (and yes .. I still had to go through the question of "did you unplug this or that") and she kept me from freaking out.

When she had enough information she contacted dispatch and after discovering they missed an appointment yesterday they scheduled someone for today.  (long story short)

On top of that I had a Verizon help person in Georgia contact me and also confirmed I was scheduled for today.

I'm going to make Clear 4G the bridesmaid now and ask them to cancel my order. 🙂

Thanks Verizon!  #FIOSFTW