Three weeks to get phone, Internet and TV service restored!!!
SHansell

Like much of NJ, our FIOS service went out Saturday night. I figured they'd repair the snipped wire and we'd be back soon. I called to check Tuesday night, and a very nice woman in Utah said my block does have service. We walked through a bunch of troubleshooting exercises, and the upshot was we need a technician to come out. And here's the stunner: The first appointment that was available was on Nov 22. The agent suggested I call back in the morning to see if someone could get someone out sooner. I did, and was able to move the appointment to Nov 17, still more than two weeks after the outage.

It seems outrageous to be cut off from the world for so long. Does anyone know how to get Verizon to address this? Or is there someone at the New Jersey Public Service Commission who could help?

Thanks

Saul

PS In case anyone has any ideas, I think the issue is with the the battery or battery power unit has blown out. It is getting power in, but not sending power to the network connection box. For a while the red low battery light was on. Now none of the lights on the battery unit are on. The green light on the power supply is lit. Does anyone have an idea what this is and--more importantly--if I can fix it myself?

0 Likes
Re: Three weeks to get phone, Internet and TV service restored!!!
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about your delay. The severe inclement weather, downed lines, and power loses have caused our technicians to be exceptionally busy. We can check to see if theres any new cancellations that we could possibly schedule you for. I have sent you a private message to get more information

0 Likes
Re: Three weeks to get phone, Internet and TV service restored!!!
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

For a quick fix, you can try unplugging the BBU and also disconnecting the battery and give it a few minutes. Connect the battery to the BBU and see if it powers up, then connect AC Power. Or, leave the battery disconnected and plug in the BBU to AC power only. If it doesn't power up by any means then it sounds like the BBU is shot. It's unfortunate that there is a 3 week appointment window, but if the techs are all backed up that might cause the problem. I'm just surprised that they don't treat outages to a higher priority if all of the techs are out doing installs, for example. Now if they're all servicing older outages, then that is explainable, but more techs need to be hired.

0 Likes