Trouble with E-MAIL transferring from Verizon to Outlook, HELP!
Babette
Enthusiast - Level 1

Smiley MadFor months now a vast majority of my e-mails have been screwing up after they transfer from Verizon Webmail Account over into my Outlook Express Account. I prefer to open all my e-mails in Outlook (better set-up) than here in Verizon, but several months ago I started having problems with some of them coming in the form of the "TEXT FORMAT". I have never received my e-mails in that format before. My system has been set up for "HOTMAIL FORMAT", I have always signed up for the hotmail formats with all my various accounts/catalogs on line that I visit. All of a sudden now certain e-mails come across from the Verizon Webmail Account in Text Format instead of the Hotmail format which it's originally received in. Some how I believe it has to do with the Verizon Webmail account. My e-mails are supposed to automatically transfer into my "Outlook Express Account", but ever since the verizon technician set it up, it has never worked properly. I have to go in and every time I want to check my e-mails I have to hit the "send/receive button in order for the e-mails to transfer over from the Verizon Web Account, it should not be like that. What ever that Verizon tech. did I think she messed up my e-mails. I haven't been able to clear it up since. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get my e-mails to transfer automatically and in their "ORIGINAL FORMAT OF HOTMAIL", I hate the TEXT FORMAT, it drives me up a wall. What's even worse, the TEXT FORMAT e-mails are in their HOTMAIL FORMAT over in the Verizon Webmail Account. So that tells me something goes wrong when it's transferring from the one to the other, it never used to do that until about 6 months ago. HELP ME PLEASE! I'm about to throw this thing out the window.

Smiley Mad

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trouble with E-MAIL transferring from Verizon to Outlook, HELP!
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 In OE go to, Tools -> Options.

In there, you will find two things.

a) Send and receive messages at start-up. If this is not checked, check it.

b) Check for new messages every.. Make sure this is set to a reasonable time frame.

#2 Tools -> Accounts. Go to the account. Make sure "include this account when receiving mail and synchronizing.

#3 Tools -> Options -> Read tab.

Check if "read all messages in plain text" is checked"

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 In OE go to, Tools -> Options.

In there, you will find two things.

a) Send and receive messages at start-up. If this is not checked, check it.

b) Check for new messages every.. Make sure this is set to a reasonable time frame.

#2 Tools -> Accounts. Go to the account. Make sure "include this account when receiving mail and synchronizing.

#3 Tools -> Options -> Read tab.

Check if "read all messages in plain text" is checked"
0 Likes
Babette
Enthusiast - Level 1

Smiley Happy THANK YOU, It worked!  I am now receiving my e-mails the way that I should automatically when I open up. There are still some coming in in the "TEXT FORMAT" however. I did check and the HOTMAIL box is checked for receiving all mail in that format. I have been wondering if perhaps it might not have something to do with switching from NORTON to AVG about the same time this started happening. I know a few other people that are having the same problem with the AVG once they switch from NORTON. Could that be the problem?

Thanks for solving the other problem for me, that has been most aggravating for a long time now. What a relief to now get my e-mails in a normal manner once again. Smiley Happy

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
I am glad it worked.

Yes, it could of been what you suspect it is.

OR it could of been another user who uses your computer, who may of seen:

Title: 7 reasons why HTML e-mail is EVIL!!!

Full URL: http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil.shtml

?

Extra info: Which was found with a Google search for:

Do not send html email

--

And they decided to turn off HTML viewing of e-mail?
0 Likes