uploading files (articles) to my Verizon personal website
MIKE7772
Enthusiast - Level 3

In response to my recent forum question concerning building a Verizon website, one person told me to do this:

#1 In MS Word, go to File -> Save As.

#2 Make sure to save it as a web page.

Two examples *.htm and *.html

My question now is this:  Microsoft Office 2007 gives me 3 options for saving as a web page: (1) "Single File Web Page"; (2) "Web Page"; (3) "Web Page, Filtered."  Which is the best to use?  (I'm actually trying to upload to my Verizon website 32 articles I've written on Microsoft Word.)

My 2nd question:  In the Verizon Site Builder information, it states this under "Uploading Files":  If you are using a PC and WSFTP....You will notice two radio buttons beneath the menus: Select the left button, ASCII if you are uploading a text file.  Select the right button, Binary if you are uploading any other kind of file."  So, since all my articles are currently "text articles," can't I avoid having to go thru the process of converting them ("save as") to web pages, and instead select the ASCII button mentioned above?

Thanks for any help on this!!

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: uploading files (articles) to my Verizon personal website
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@MIKE777 wrote:

In response to my recent forum question concerning building a Verizon website, one person told me to do this:

My question now is this:  Microsoft Office 2007 gives me 3 options for saving as a web page: (1) "Single File Web Page"; (2) "Web Page"; (3) "Web Page, Filtered."  Which is the best to use?  (I'm actually trying to upload to my Verizon website 32 articles I've written on Microsoft Word.)

My 2nd question:  In the Verizon Site Builder information, it states this under "Uploading Files":  If you are using a PC and WSFTP....You will notice two radio buttons beneath the menus: Select the left button, ASCII if you are uploading a text file.  Select the right button, Binary if you are uploading any other kind of file."  So, since all my articles are currently "text articles," can't I avoid having to go thru the process of converting them ("save as") to web pages, and instead select the ASCII button mentioned above?

1. Single File Web Page may be your best bet. That way you any images etc. won't have to be loaded seperately. If it's all text, it shouldn't matter.

2. A "text file" is generally a file that ends in the .txt extension. While you can save text files from Word this way, they won't retain any formatting.

View solution in original post

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@MIKE777 wrote:

1. Single File Web Page may be your best bet. That way you any images etc. won't have to be loaded seperately. If it's all text, it shouldn't matter.

2. A "text file" is generally a file that ends in the .txt extension. While you can save text files from Word this way, they won't retain any formatting.

treborsci
Enthusiast - Level 1

Now that ftp service is gone (or going) is there an easy way to upload a file to my verizon web site? (Without using the verizon authoring tool)  Thanks for help.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@treborsci wrote:

Now that ftp service is gone (or going) is there an easy way to upload a file to my verizon web site? (Without using the verizon authoring tool)  Thanks for help.

Nothing has been announced to suggest that they will offer an alternate means to upload site data.