Valued Customer Discount ends on day Cox sends me a Deal!
75317LH

My Valued Customer Discount of $15 expires today.  I have called in advance of this happening twice and also went into the local store to see if something could be done and was told no.  There are no more valued customers, apparently.  New ones are the only ones that matter. Today I get a mailer from Cox with a $400 visa card, all movie channels and a great montly price, which is the exact deal I took with Verizon several years ago to leave Cox!!  What perfect timing!  I don't understand why every few years we have to go through the song and dance of price negotiating ad-naseum.  Verizon would keep more customers if they would recognize their worth. 

0 Likes
Re: Valued Customer Discount ends on day Cox sends me a Deal!
jonjones1
Legend

Verizon like competing services believes “once they have your business” you the consumer will not want the hassle of swapping back and forth.

i overcame this simply by having the cable company do a new wire install after I took Fios. (Internet only) it took AJ a half hour to place the cabling in place. Thought the company would say no, but surprised they accommodated me. 

Have both in your home then you can switch whenever you choose.

0 Likes
75317LH

Good idea! I think we will get rid of all of it soon, since we have Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu anyway.  Just deal with an internet service only!

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

That’s the way to do it. Be proactive not reactive.

0 Likes