Verizon Internet security Suite
gdub3

First post hereSmiley Happy

When will there be a new version of this suite. Reason I ask is the package overall isnt too bad, except that it really bogs down the system like the older versions of Norton. Tried this suite in Xp, also Vista 32 bit and it really bogs down in Vista, compared to Xp, but the biggest problem with it is the old version of perfectdisk that is used in the suite it will erase all of your restore points and VSS copies. If I had known that I would have never purchased the suite for a year.lol

Also was wondering if it will ever be compatible with Vista 64 bit, which is what I am currently using and intend to stick with, so I went ahead and purchased Kaspersky internet security suite 2009, which runs very well in Vista 64 bit.

So I was wondering how or who do I contact to cancel Verizon Internet security suite, since I have no use for it. Only used it for like a week.

I may use it again in the future, but only if it can be used in a 64 bit environment and the PC tune up portions are upgraded to current defrag levels like PerfectDisk 10. or even better Diskeeper 2009, and out of those 2 Diskeeper is way superior imo.

Sorry for the mini review on VISS, just my 2 cents.

Hoping for a reply to this post as to ways to cancel VISS.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Internet security Suite
leigh64

I am also a VISS user I have used this program for many years noe with XP, I have to date found no flaws in the program. I however bought 2 laptops that run Vista 64 bit and was surprised to find out that Verizon does not have a compatable ISS for this program. However in your case all you have to do is call verizon to terminate your VISS they will also let you know when they have a compatable program up and running if you would like

Good Luck

0 Likes
ET
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just attempted to install VISS on a Vista 64 system.  No luck, even though the Systems requirements Website says it does (knowledgebase), and I quote:

Verizon Internet Security Suite System Requirements

For complete and up-to-date information, visit Verizon Internet Security Suite System Requirements 

NOTE: Verizon Internet Security Suite supports 32 and 64-bit systems.

Found at: http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/HighSpeed/General+Support/Essentials+And+Extras/QuestionsOn...

Further, following the Verizon Internet Security Suite System Requirements link revealed:

Question: What are the system requirements for  Verizon Internet Security Suite vs. 8.0?

Answer: 

Supported Operating System:

• Windows XP Home, Media Center and Professional Editions (32-bit only)
  • Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit Editions  (Starter Edition not supported)
  •  

Date Revised: 04-Aug-09

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium (not a Starter Edition)  It refused to install, it refused to even start the install.  A quick call - yes it was quick, under 5 minutes - to be informed that VISS does not run with 64 bit Vista.  When I read the page to the Tech, he was not aware of any changes and as far as he knew it did not support 64.  To bad, it looked pretty good on an XP desktop I was running.  Another 5 minutes to cancel my subscription, back to McAfee.

0 Likes
    dslr595148
    Community Leader
    Community Leader
    I was looking at http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSInternet/Features/Features.htm

and they say

"More Secure. Period. Set it and forget it with automatic security updates."

Oh, please..

Security is never a product.

From one of many source(s):

Security Now! with Steve Gibson, Episode 28 for Thursday, February 23, 2006

at URL: http://www.grc.com/sn/sn-028.htm

"security is a process more than it is a product"

^^^
    0 Likes