VerizonYahoo vs VerizonWindowslive vs Verizon AOL
TJM

I am getting FIOS installed next week and even after reading the comparison charts for the above portals, I'm not really sure which is 'best'  Any opinions and input would be appreciated

Thanks

TJM

0 Likes
Re: VerizonYahoo vs VerizonWindowslive vs Verizon AOL
Justin46
Legend

You said "any" opinions and input, so. ...

You left out another option: portal "none"

I can't help you with any advice on those three, all I can say is that I don't use any of them, and I am quite satisfied, I prefer to have my own home page and I don't feel the need for any of the "stuff" any of those options provide. So you really don't have to choose one of those if you don't want to.

Just my opinion.... 

Keller, TX

0 Likes
TJM
 Thanks for you input Justin = If you don't use one of the portals, is it true you wouldn't have pop access to email? I sort of like the computer to keep an eye on incoming email for me rather than me having to sign on to the web to checki it?
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

My email address is xxxxxx@verizon.net, not @aol or whatever, so my answer may or may not answer your question. 

I use Outlook Express to access my Verizon email account, so that is completely outside my browser, and it is POP3. I do use the Verizon webmail (browser) interface to access my account about once a day to take a look at the spam that it has accumulated to make sure it hasn't collected something that I really want to see (my experience is that the Verizon anti-spam tool works very well, almost none gets through and it very rarely treats a valid email as spam). For my wife, I have her account set to just automatically delete the spam. If you choose to just use the Verizon webmail interface, it does have an option to check for new mail on a periodic basis.

Does this answer your question? I am not sure exactly what capability you are looking for. 

Keller, TX

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I have MSN as a carry over from Verizon High Speed DSL. Some of the MSN support has dropped off. Have considered Windows live but want to keep my MSN. Would be nice to hear some feedback.

Just like Justing, I use incoming.verizon.net as my POP3 and outgoing.verizon.net as SMTP. Verizon should provide this with your account. name@verizon.net. The rest of the family uses MSN. So you can have both Verizon Email and a third party Email as you listed.

Message Edited by prisaz on 01-11-2009 09:40 AM
0 Likes