What happened to the IPSTB1200?
TornadoAlley1

Anyone ever know what happened to the IPSTB1200? I recently recovered photos from https://fccid.io/2ABTEIPSTB1200/External-Photos/External-Photos-3210090 of an IPSTB that never seemed to be released. The remote is sold all over eBay and Amazon however it doesn't seem like the STB was ever sold. Very strange considering how much work must've been put into production of this unit.Internal.Rear View of IPSTB1200Top and Bottom view of IPSTB1200

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What happened to the IPSTB1200?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

I doubt they were officially released.  Even though the field trial was limited, there were units out there.  Someone may have grabbed a bunch from users involved in the trial, or maybe a box or more slipped out a warehouse's back door.  Once stuff gets sent to the field, all sorts of "oddities" can happen.  There are "3rd party sellers" who make it their business to find stuff like this and sell it for quick cash.

In short, be careful with 3rd party sellers, especially on the auction sites.

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Those STBs where part of an IPTV trial that fell through. There was a limited field release that was discontinued. There was an ONT/Router combo and they where the STBs. It was all IPTV based versus the QAM system currently being used. 

TornadoAlley1

How come the remotes were released to 3rd party sellers? Do they work universally with other STB's or are they just for the IPSTB1200? Doesn't make sense to sell a remote that doesn't go to anything.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

I doubt they were officially released.  Even though the field trial was limited, there were units out there.  Someone may have grabbed a bunch from users involved in the trial, or maybe a box or more slipped out a warehouse's back door.  Once stuff gets sent to the field, all sorts of "oddities" can happen.  There are "3rd party sellers" who make it their business to find stuff like this and sell it for quick cash.

In short, be careful with 3rd party sellers, especially on the auction sites.