wondering why I can't get verizon fios at new address when neighbors have it/or have it as an option
bluedevilsrule
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am moving from a rented home to a new address in the next month and both online and over the phone, i am told that Verizon FIOS is not available at my location. Yet, I know of neighbors who have FIOS or have it as an option near this new address of mine. Who do I need to contact to figure out why I can't get FIOS at my new location? 

I will be living in Ellicott City, MD

Re: wondering why I can't get verizon fios at new address when neighbors have it/or have it as an op
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the availability listing at the new address. I have sent you a private message on this.

0 Likes
Re: wondering why I can't get verizon fios at new address when neighbors have it/or have it as an op
rchurn1

My family is having the same problem. Verizon basically said it isn't worth it for them to bring FIOS up the hill about 300ft even though they keep sending us information and offering deals on FIOS tv and internet. FIOS is already on my side of the street several houses one way, and I imagine it's also on the main road that is only a handful of houses down when going the other way. We're offered the lesser services, i.e. direct tv and DSL, but my family is only really interested in FIOS.

Is there any way to remedy the situation--a petition with neighbors perhaps?

Thanks.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your neighbors can't get FiOS because the cable simply won't be extended, it probably is worth getting every single one of them to call up and ask for it. If not, a group petition to Corporate might give some better answers. Not a whole lot that can really be done short of that. If the Cable was in fact ran past your home, it's probably a database issue that can be corrected by Engineering then.