Aged Verizon lines!
Captainloki500

I have been a Verizon wireless customer for over a decade and have loved it. When I moved to the county the old and decayed Verizon lines barley let me connect myself let alone my family of 5. Days to download a single game and that's it'll everyone avoids the internet. I am paying nearly $100 a month and am being told it's old lines can't do anything. Why are these not being replaced? Told FiOS is coming in next 5 years....well 5 years is a long time especially at $100 a month. This is causing friction when kids want to relax. There is a large amount of Verizon customers in the area but many are considering other options even at a higher price to get a little better speed...a frustrated paying customer

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Aged Verizon lines!
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

A CLEC can still sell Dry Loop DSL due to Local Loop Unbundling, until Verizon chooses to kill the copper all together in retirement areas. The drawback is, if the person is serviced off of a remote terminal without any capacity available, they can be refused access to DSL. Whereas CO-fed circuits would typically be handled with a co-located DSLAM owned by the CLEC.

View solution in original post

Dwt66
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing here.I pay that also but FIOS is  100X better and way cheaper.My 5 meg super speed Dloads at maybe 200kb/ps Its so pathetic with the must get phone when you get internet and its VOIP but theres Double Taxes on it.Its useing my internet so why should I pay double.Vonage which is a much Better co. for VOIP has 3$ in taxes no matter what.So Whats the deal ?Verizon ????

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your area may have a CLEC available which can sell you DSL without a phone line. See if a company like DSLExtreme or MegaPath can sell you something. The DSL signal comes over the same phone lines if you go with a reseller.

jonjones1
Legend

@Smith6612 wrote:

Your area may have a CLEC available which can sell you DSL without a phone line. See if a company like DSLExtreme or MegaPath can sell you something. The DSL signal comes over the same phone lines if you go with a reseller.

That dry loop (just line and no phone) has long been gone. I believe verizon did away with it because they found making people pay high price for phone you never need or want. But i am not sure if other companies can gain access to the line.

but good idea my friend.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

A CLEC can still sell Dry Loop DSL due to Local Loop Unbundling, until Verizon chooses to kill the copper all together in retirement areas. The drawback is, if the person is serviced off of a remote terminal without any capacity available, they can be refused access to DSL. Whereas CO-fed circuits would typically be handled with a co-located DSLAM owned by the CLEC.