Can Verizon transfer DSL and phone from one residence to another?
templarvisonz

So I'm not a customer of Verizon yet, but if I can get help with this I will be. My in-laws have been customers for 18 years. They have phone service and DSL. Now the area where I live, DSL is very limited. In fact, they won't let me set up a new account for DSL. Now my in-laws will no longer be using their Verizon Service, so i thought I could score a transfer of service and then everyone will be happy! Anyone that has knowledge of Verizon's policies please let me know. I called, but they are closed. Please help thanks!!

Message Edited by templarvisonz on 05-12-2009 04:06 PM
0 Likes
Re: Can Verizon transfer DSL and phone from one residence to another?
larryw9999
Contributor - Level 1

DSL service requires certain equipment in the Vz centrol office to provide the service to an area. If DSL is not available for you as a new customer, it will not be available to you as a transfer from your in-laws. Either the central office equipment is not available or your home is too far from the Verizon central office.

You may want to check to see if FiOS is available in your area. DSL and FiOS Internet are two broadband services Vz offers. One, DSL, is over copper lines, and FiOS is over fiber optic cables.

0 Likes