Cannot connect new computer to Internet
Pasi
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just bought a new computer and am running Windows 7 x64 OS. My router is Westell 327W. My computer can find the gateway correctly and IPConfig indicates that everything is configured correctly at the computer end. The gateway recognizes the computer and the MAC address matches. However the gateway does not recognize that it is a ethernet connection with DHCP activated (as the computer indicates). My other computers both wired and wireless are connecting properly. What am I missing here?

I have called to Verizon, but can't get into their tech support (this is a alone standing DSL - no phone # attached) and thei internet chat tech support can't help. Any help from this forum is highly appreciated (either the correct # to tech support in WA or config advice).

Thanks

Pasi

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot connect new computer to Internet
Pasi
Enthusiast - Level 1

This turned out to be an incompatibility issue between the network card (Netgear GA311) and router (Westell 327W). Bought a new network card and everything works now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Pasi wrote:

However the gateway does not recognize that it is a ethernet connection with DHCP activated (as the computer indicates)..

Then, what does the router say?
0 Likes
Pasi
Enthusiast - Level 1

This turned out to be an incompatibility issue between the network card (Netgear GA311) and router (Westell 327W). Bought a new network card and everything works now.

0 Likes