Cannot enter D-link router setup
beng12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have a D-link 2750B router. Hadn't entered router setup for a long time & forgot user name & password, which I had setup early on. Needless to say, setup wouldn't accept my guesses, so, following the instructions, pushed the reset button w/paperclip for 30+ seconds, unpowered the modem for 30 secs, then immediately rebooted the computer. Wireless connection occured as usual, then 192.168.1.1 into the browser, and then won't accept admin as the user/password. Followed the proper instructions & it didn't work.

Tried the router serial number as a password, and that didn't work either.

What's up?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot enter D-link router setup
beng12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, problem solved. Did the reset operation again, and the setup screen accepted the admin/password on router entries. So into setup OK.

If anyone has any knowledge, since my Windows 7 network is set to use 1492 as the MTU size, does it do any good to set it the same in the various router MTU setting options, or to leave as "automatic" (apparently 1500)?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
beng12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, problem solved. Did the reset operation again, and the setup screen accepted the admin/password on router entries. So into setup OK.

If anyone has any knowledge, since my Windows 7 network is set to use 1492 as the MTU size, does it do any good to set it the same in the various router MTU setting options, or to leave as "automatic" (apparently 1500)?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

1492 is the correct MTU for DSL if PPPOE is being used.

0 Likes