cant connect to the internet
rocket141

well I am having problem with my dsl connection. Everytime i am surfing the web for example i would try to go on google and the page would load and load and never able to connect . I would press the refresh button but the problem persist. on the modemn all the lights are blinking and my computer shows that i am connected. but when i open the browser it says that i am offline then i go to file and uncheck it and it continues to say that i am offline. when i restart my computer for some reason i am able to connect to the internet and surf for a while and then it happens again. I dont understand what is going on? i scanned my computer for virus and it came back clear i have zonealarm and my browser are allowed. i dont understand whats going on? My Browser: Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer and my model is westell 7500 these are my transceiver report:

Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 3296 864 Margin (dB) 6.7 10.0 Line Attenuation (dB) 48.0 28.0 Transmit Power (dBm) 17.8 11.9

0 Likes
Re: cant connect to the internet
iophobos

While I do not know the solution to your problem, I have been having issues with new 7500 modems where I cannot connect to the internet at all. Tech support is sending me a third modem now. They say that the modem software may be faulty and has to be pre-programmed with my account information. I do not know what that means. I try to access the internet and get a blank screen that waits to load forever and nothing happens.

0 Likes
Re: cant connect to the internet
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Your download noise margin is too low. If you can try testing from the NID to determine if the trouble is in the house or outside.

0 Likes