Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

cant connect to the internet

rocket141
Contributor
Contributor

cant connect to the internet

Message 1 of 3
(4,560 Views)

well I am having problem with my dsl connection. Everytime i am surfing the web for example i would try to go on google and the page would load and load and never able to connect . I would press the refresh button but the problem persist. on the modemn all the lights are blinking and my computer shows that i am connected. but when i open the browser it says that i am offline then i go to file and uncheck it and it continues to say that i am offline. when i restart my computer for some reason i am able to connect to the internet and surf for a while and then it happens again. I dont understand what is going on? i scanned my computer for virus and it came back clear i have zonealarm and my browser are allowed. i dont understand whats going on? My Browser: Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer and my model is westell 7500 these are my transceiver report:

Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 3296 864 Margin (dB) 6.7 10.0 Line Attenuation (dB) 48.0 28.0 Transmit Power (dBm) 17.8 11.9

2 REPLIES 2
iophobos
Contributor
Contributor

Re: cant connect to the internet

Message 2 of 3
(4,529 Views)

While I do not know the solution to your problem, I have been having issues with new 7500 modems where I cannot connect to the internet at all. Tech support is sending me a third modem now. They say that the modem software may be faulty and has to be pre-programmed with my account information. I do not know what that means. I try to access the internet and get a blank screen that waits to load forever and nothing happens.

Telcoguru
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: cant connect to the internet

Message 3 of 3
(4,460 Views)

Your download noise margin is too low. If you can try testing from the NID to determine if the trouble is in the house or outside.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title