Dropped Connection and terrible Transceiver Statistics
MyISPsuks

My DSL connection is constantly dropping and multiple times in a row and periodically thruout the day. I have put in repair ticket and talked to tech on phone, which we all know is biggest waste of time. They sent a tech out to my house yesterday and he said my line was good. Really he never found a problem at all,  but he said it was probably my modem (Actiontec GT704WG-B) . My modem is 2 months old and he ordered me new one to be shipped to me and left me his loaner modem (A90-750015-07). I am still having the same problem. I have 2 month old laptop and have wireless connection but have also hooked up direct to the modem with Ethernet cable and it doesn't make any difference, still loosing connection periodically thruout the day. I am so sick and tired of Verizon , they are the most unprofessional and worthless people i have ever dealt with in my life. So it is not my line to my house the tech said, it isn't my line into my home, which is only 2 years old. My phone line into home only runs about 4 feet from outside box to my jack I'm hooked into, so its not very far from where DSL line connects outside to my inside jack at all. Laptop is 2 months old. I am posting my Transceiver Statistics  also. I don't know much about them , but from what I've read they aren't good at all

Software Version: VER:5.01.00.02
Transceiver Revision: A2pB020b3.d20h
Model Name: A90-750015-07

Vendor ID Code  4D54
Line Mode  ADSL_2plus
Data Path FAST 

Transceiver Information    Down Stream Path       Up Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)            1788                               447
Margin (dB)                                     6.4                              13.1
Line Attenuation (dB)                    65.0                              39.1
Transmit Power (dBm)             18.4                                12.3

Can anyone help me or give me some advise on what to do. I am out of ideas other than  GET RID OF VERIZON ASAP! Any help would be appreciated !

0 Likes
Re: Dropped Connection and terrible Transceiver Statistics
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Read the tips at

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/HighSpeed

/Troubleshooting/Connection+Issues/QuestionsOne/88005.htm

One of more of those things, could be why your issue is happening in the first place.
0 Likes
FieldT
Enthusiast - Level 3

6.4 is a bad noise margin, should be 9 or higher, when he comes to pick up loaner modem have him test line to see what he gets for a noise margin.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Your numbers seem to indicate you are too far from the central office. You need to be less than 15,000ft for that service tier otherwise downgrade to a lower tier for a stable connection.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Telcoguru wrote:

Your numbers seem to indicate you are too far from the central office. You need to be less than 15,000ft for that service tier otherwise downgrade to a lower tier for a stable connection.

Just wondering, how do you know that about them?

0 Likes
MyISPsuks

Thank you for all replys to my post. I will talk to the tech when he come to pick up the modem I have to be returned and have him do a line test . I am curious to see if he gets the same number Im getting for noise. I will post what he tells me when it happens. In response to  reply about being to far from central office , I will find out from  the tech that also. He did tell me last time here that I wasn't that far from it. I am already at the 1.5 down and 384 up level not the 3 mb . But he said I was not that far off from being able to receive the higher package , just not close enough, so I would like to think I would be more stable where I am at now, but am not. I will find out and post when I do.

0 Likes
E-dog

I'm having the same problems since I had DSL installed and cable removed, it's been nothing but problems that no one can seem to fix over the phone. I've had a repair ticket in since September 3rd, with no response from Verizon. Talking with the Verizon techs is a HUGE waste of time, They've even hung up on me twice!! WHY DID I EVER LEAVE CHARTER????????? 

0 Likes