DSL Connection disconnecting every minute
MEMDB
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having major issues. I'm in California and as of 6:20pm August 2nd, 2009. My connection has been disconnecting every minute. I restarted my computer and turned my modem off. When I'm browsing through the Internet it disconnects me, and when I try to browse through websites it says "Waiting for website" its getting really annoying. Is there disconnecting issues to anyone in California, especially Southern California?

Keep in mind I've never had this sort of problem before. Is like Verizon doing some kind of work on their DSL lines?

Message Edited by MEMDB on 08-02-2009 06:45 PM
0 Likes
Re: DSL Connection disconnecting every minute
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Please post your modem stats if you can stay online long enough.
0 Likes
MEMDB
Enthusiast - Level 1
I have a Westell 327w. Like I turned off my computer and modem all day and when I started up my computer about 8 hours later its still doing it. When it cuts me off, the little light on the planet symbol goes off, completely shuts off.
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
If you have no idea of where the modem status are, log-in to the router and show the first screen that you see.
0 Likes
MEMDB
Enthusiast - Level 1

{edited for privacy}

That's the first screen, unless you're meaning something more advance. I did do a firmware update last night when I still had the issues but I was still getting disconnected from the Internet.

Message Edited by KaLin on 08-04-2009 01:42 PM
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Ok, in your router go to System Monitoring -> Advanced Status -> Transciever Stats

and post that info...

^^
0 Likes
MEMDB
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just when I thought it was ok it started doing it again, every minute it cut out for me. Here is what you told me to post.

Transceiver Statistics

Transceiver Revision: 7.2.3.0  

Vendor ID Code: 4  

Line Mode: G.DMT Mode  

Data Path: Interleaved    

Transceiver Information

Downstream Path

Upstream Path

DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 1792 / 448

Margin (dB) 13.5 / 17.0

Line Attenuation (dB) 45.0 / 30.0

Transmit Power (dBm) 16.5 / 11.9

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Here is what most of all that stuff means..

Margin (dB) - Signal to noise margin. 6 is pretty bad possibly unusable at times, 20 is very good. You normally want 12dB or better IIRC from back in my DSL days. The higher the number, the better to a point.

Line Attenuation - Measure the amount the signal has degraded. Below 20dB is excellent, above 50 is poor, fill in the dots for anything in between.

Transmit Power - The higher the number, the more power is required to transmit. This number will vary based on the other numbers.
0 Likes
MEMDB
Enthusiast - Level 1
Ok thanks, I am still having this issue so are those numbers pretty good or they bad? Cause I have no idea why its happening to me. I know it can't be the modem because it looks like the numbers are pretty good.
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Your numbers look good so far.

I wonder if this helps you any..

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/HighSpeed/Troubleshooting/Connection+Issues/QuestionsOne/88005.htm

If not using any Wireless device(s), ignore the first 4 tips listed there.

^^
0 Likes