DSL skips my street.
Blink

I've been trying to figure out how to get dsl for 5 years. Last year it was finally installed in my town but of course I can't get it, it skips my street entirely.

I drew my situation in this pic: http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/6866/dslsit.png

At the bottom of my street (C) there is a phone line with dsl that goes from point D (dslam) to point A (remote switch). My phone line does not connect with the dsl line until they both meet at point A. Because of this, from my house to the dslam is roughly 6 miles, which is too far for service.

Can Verizon somehow split my line from the rest of my streets lines at point C to directly connect to point D so I can get dsl?
From B->C->A to B->C->D

I imagine, if possible, would work perfectly, its just finding a way to have verizon do it. Maybe they can charge me for the work? Im willing to pay.

Would Verizon install an Adrenaline Extender if it was possible I could get dsl service with one without the line change hassle? I would pay costs.

The copper in my town is old, thicker gauge then 24AWG, so I keep hearing dsl reaches **bleep**her in my town.

0 Likes