G.DMT vs ADSL2+
Bryce1997bryan

So recently i have been getting tons of retrains on my dsl about 6 a day. Service has been shakey and i recently had 2 tech visits. The first tech replaced a wire and took out my filter since i dont use the home phone. The second tech went to the pole about 100ft away and removed the bridge tap. Now for the first day service was fine but after that it has been terrible. I know a tech that works for another company and he said switch my router to G.DMT over ADSL2+ since my sync speed is only 5 megs. He states that i will get a much more stable connection. Is that true? Thanks for answering i will answer back through out the day

0 Likes
Re: G.DMT vs ADSL2+
Bryce1997bryan

Can anybody help i dont wanna mess up my internet by changing the setting

0 Likes
Re: G.DMT vs ADSL2+
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

G.DMT (ADSL) vs. ADSL2+ mode will only matter if the DSLAM on Verizon's end supports ADSL2+. G.DMT is supported by all ADSL2+ DSLAMs but selecting ADSL2+ on a G.DMT-only DSLAM will cause the connection to not come back up. Give it a try, and if the connection doesn't come back up, just change the setting back.

The best mode to use is the Mixed Mode (MMODE) setting. This will allow the modem and DSLAM to negotiate and choose the best tech available.

Generally retrains are caused by line issues, for what it's worth. Either your speed is too high for the line itself, or you've got developing line issues which can only get worse.

0 Likes