Help setting up IPAQ 4705 wireless
dmp2

I have a pocket pc that is an IPAQ 4705.  It is running windows 2003 second edition.  It has wireless connection abilities on it.  I have always been able to connect to my home internet as well as other locations without any trouble.  I have just switched to verizon dsl and can not connect to the internet.

I have a actiontec GT704WGB modem/router.  The pocket pc picks it up but says it can not connect.  I do have a secure internet but I put in the password with no success.  I have connected to other secure networks without any trouble.  I have a few friends that have verizon and I am able to connect to their wireless without any trouble. 

Any suggestions?

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: Help setting up IPAQ 4705 wireless
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
What type of wireless security do you have the router set to? For example, WEP/WPA..

^^
0 Likes
dmp2
Te security setting is WEP
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Ok,

#1 What level of WEP?

Two examples:64bit/10he and 128bit/26hex

#2 Does this router have the concept of a Passphrase?

For example the Linksys WRT54G, at "Wireless -> Wireless Security". If set to WEP, you see that the user is asked for a Passphrase and then can click on "Generate"

#3 Does this router have the concept of a Default Transmit Key?

If the Linksy WRT54G is set to WEP, the Default Transmit key is key one.

#4 Also if you changed the router the "wide open", can your IPAQ 4705 connect to it?

Note: For question(s) one, two, and three: As noted on http://ui.linksys.com/files/WRT54G/v1-v4/4.20.7/WL_WEP.htm

^^^
0 Likes