High Speed Internet Enhanced
ecmks2

I am paying for High Speed Internet Enhanced but only provisioned for 3360Kbps / 864Kbps. Shouldn't I be provisioned for 7mps? Thanks,

Ed

0 Likes
Re: High Speed Internet Enhanced
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The enhanced package is any sync speed above 1184kbps/448kbps. 3360/864kbps is about right, although many lines are set there but should be provisioned higher.

Do you mind sharing your Transceiver Statistics?

0 Likes
ecmks2

Broadband Parameter Status

VPI:0
VCI:35
Broadband Mode Setting:ADSL
Broadband Negotiated Mode:G.DMT
Connection Status:CONNECTED
Downstream Speed:3360 Kbps
Upstream Speed:864 Kbps
SNR Downstream :28 dB
SNR Upstream :16 dB
Attenuation Downstream :30 dB
Attenuation Upstream :17 dB
Power Downstream10.7 dBm
Power Upstream11.9 dBm
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your line can handle much more than that. 7.1Mbps as-is should be a go along with FastPath on that line. If Verizon could get you ADSL2, perhaps 10Mbps/1Mbps will remain solid.

Try asking for more than 3Mbps at the Verizon Direct forum over on DSLReports. https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

You will need to make an account at the site before posting in there, but once done we should get confirmation as to whether or not you can actually get more.

Many of Verizon's DSL service areas are unfortunately capped at 3Mbps, either due to capacity problems or because the equipment is way too old. Don't be surprised if 3Mbps is the most they will give.

0 Likes
ecmks2

Thanks for the reply I will try the vzdirect link. I found out I work out of LiteSpan about 1/2 mile up the road from my house. I wonder if that is the reason I am only syncing up at 3 meg.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ecmks wrote:

Thanks for the reply I will try the vzdirect link. I found out I work out of LiteSpan about 1/2 mile up the road from my house. I wonder if that is the reason I am only syncing up at 3 meg.

I'm on Litespan and have a 7.1M circuit. Not all Litespans are certified for more than 3Mbps, but most should be ready to do it assuming the backhaul (Fiber/ OC-3) is available. In some cases, the Litespan may be certified by Verizon for 7.1Mbps, but the Central Office may be unfortunately lacking enough headroom to provide you with 7.1Mbps service reliably. Doesn't mean Verizon shouldn't try to provision it.

3Mbps is Verizon's favorite speed from 10 years ago. Don't be surprised if you have to put up a bit of a fight to get more than that. 🙂

0 Likes
'High Speed Internet Enhanced' may actually be slower 3.0 Mbps service
lssprowls
Enthusiast - Level 1

'My Verizon' showed that I had "High Speed Internet Enhanced Up to 3.1 - 7 Mbps" but my service was actually the older, slower DSL which was capped at 3.0 Mbps (actual speed was slower). I had to request an upgrade to "High Speed Internet Enhanced Up to 3.1 - 7 Mbps" in order to get a higher download speed. Speedtest.net now reports my download speed as about 5.0 Mbps.

KatGV
Enthusiast - Level 2

how do I get my  Transceiver Statistics?  I am on Internet enhanced also and running at max speed is 2.55 Mbps download and upload is 1.72 masx speed  most of the time it is slower than this...   

0 Likes
KatGV
Enthusiast - Level 2

never mind I got it how good/bad  is this...

Transceiver Statistics

Transceiver Revision:7.2.3.0 
Vendor ID Code:4 
Line Mode:G.DMT Mode 
Data Path:Interleaved 

Transceiver InformationDownstream PathUpstream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)2944864
Margin (dB)10.012.0
Line Attenuation (dB)51.031.5
Transmit Power (dBm)16.511.9
0 Likes