incorrect pricing of plan: no way to fix
simpleplan

Verizon has got to be one of the largest bureaucracies and repetitive mailers in the world. I called them 12/14/09 when they notified me thaT PRICE OF PLAN WAS GOING UP. They said, its good you called now, we can up your speed to 1 mbps and give you a dry loop pricing plan of 24.99, same as what it was before they notified that service was going up to 26.99. I got a confirmation {edited for privacy} and figured Im all set for a year. When they started to bill me 26.99, I called and said wait a minute. You told me 24.99. No, they said. But I have a confirmation #, I said. We have no such plan, they said. I know this is over $2/month, but it reflects the way this company does business. They say one thing, and do another, to their benefit, of course. This is a (edit) of a dishonest way of doing business.

0 Likes
Re: incorrect pricing of plan: no way to fix
firemandude
Enthusiast - Level 3

Call them back but be polite. Don't take NO for an answer. If they promised you one thing and gave you something different then that is a violation of a verbal contract.  Let them know you are considering switching to a competitor and also throw some acronyms at them....FTC, BBB, BPU and the CIA (just kidding). 

You have to understand that Verizon is all about "profits" but they don't want to lose a valued customer either.  Call them and I'm sure you'll get your way.

Re: incorrect pricing of plan: no way to fix
Kenilworthkid
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just looked at my bill, I was paying 24.99 for the 1.5 mbit service I have, suddenly it's 29.99 and 3/768 service.  I called and said I wanted the upgrade, as long as I'm paying for it I want it.  I was promised an upgrade to the 3/768 plan.  It didn't happen, I still have 1.5/384 slowpoke service.  I called again and this time they told me I'm in an area that only supports 1.5/384 service.  I asked how my next door neighbor, connected to the same pole I am, has 3/768, and all they could say is I'm in an area that doesn't support 3/768.  When I told them I wanted the 1.5/384 price I was told I would have to agree to a new two year contract.  I don't understand that at all, correcting a pricing error requires a new agreement?  When I first got DSL almost 8 years ago I signed up for 768k serrvice and had 512 for a year, from day one Verizon has been unable to give me what I'm paying for.  And they think I'm going to fall for FIOS, OMG I wet myself laughing.  I will have a new agreement, it will be with Comcast.

0 Likes