Is Road Runner more dependable
camps77

This the message I've recently posted:

For the most part I have the same issue, I'm on the intenet for 5 minutes, off for 10 minutes, I turn off the modem 50 times a day, turn on/off the computer numerous times, I've had 2 service calls, nothing works. IP address is 192.168.1.15 for my network, connect type is PPPoE, for my Gateway IP address is 96.238.131.166. It is a verizon modem. model# A90-750015-07. Called up tech support twice today, after going thru the long process of trying to talk with someone, both times a message said this call cannot be completed, what's up with that? This is an ongoing issue, can't anyone find a solution? Really, this has gotten so out of hand, I'd rather keep this service, but I've contacted Road-runner, doesn't matter if its more expensive, the quality of service I am getting is really so, so, poor, once again, can anyone find a solution?

Writing that, I got diconnected from the internet, hard to believe the problem I have

What I would like to know, has anyone had/has RoadRunner? I know it's faster, but I need dependability more than anything else, this has now gotten to the point of no return........ BY THE WAY, I am back after being licked off AGAIN! To write this 5 minute message, I've lost my connection now 3 times, just looked at the modem, it is now red. SO THAT MAKES 3 DISCONNECTIONS in 5 minutes, I truly am speechless, is there anywhere to go for help or is Verizon just a lost cause.

Make that 4 disconnections, when I hit post, I got kicked off again, zero excuses, probably too late now for any kind of help.

0 Likes
Re: Is Road Runner more dependable
evets

Another question or two, does someone from Verizon check these forums? How can a customer ever tell them what the problem is. This is the 21st century America, I am just so stunned that it is an almost impossible task to provide something so basic as just regular internet and what's worse is that no one seems to care about from there, I'm past the point of being mad, I'm just so disappointed and disgusted with the way companies like this actually treat people, it really is very sad. For an hour earlier, used my neighbors internet, who has Road Runner, I have my own blog, am a member of so many forums, sites, etc, and I have let everyplace abd everyone know this is what to expect with Verizon...if you have it, dump it, if you're thinking about it, don't, sigh, I'll check baclk later to see if they have(n't) responded to my concerns.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Please post your DSL modem's tranceiver statistics.

0 Likes
evets

How do I go about doing that, not sure what it is?

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
evets

How come when I clicked on that link I went to a listing of completely different subjects? I haven't been kicked off for about 1/2 hours, sometimes it does this and I get a false sense of security, first time since Wednesday night I have been able to stay on for more than 10 minutes, just because I'm on now doesn't mean it will be this way 10 minutes from now, it has been a 4 month problem. Still was not sure of the stats you were looking for, here are the stats from My Gateway.

Internet Status:

DSL Link:

Connected

Speed(Down/Up)

3358 Kbps / 771 Kbps

Connection Type:PPPoE

Username:camps77

IP Address:

{edited for privacy}
I have a Westell modem, model#A90-750015-07
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Please post the noise margins also.

0 Likes
camps77

I know what you mean by noise margins, where do I find that info out?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
I am not sure where, try System Monitoring -> Advanced Status -> Transciever Stats. ^^
0 Likes
camps77

You're right, that's where to find them, I'll copy and paste them here. Only been on for about an hour, no problems yet, yesterday from about 1:00 pm to 10:00 pm almost could never get on, then it worked fine. I mentioned before, it will work fine for a day or so, think everyting is normal, then boom, goes down and have connection problem for days, every time the problem seems to be worse, down longer each time. To be honest, I've had 2 service calls, both times the problem was worse when they "fixed it", no way I have any faith in servicemen coming to fix any problems, thanks for any help that you can give for my problem and here are the copied stats.

Transceiver Revision A2pB020b3.d19d Vendor ID Code 4D54 Line Mode ADSL_2plus Data Path FAST
Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 3356 811 Margin (dB) 3.7 9.9 Line Attenuation (dB) 58.0 34.2 Transmit Power (dBm) 19.2 12.4

0 Likes