Just ordered up to 3M service....???
BrandyL1193

Okay so we just got high speed available in my area. I ordered the up to 3M double freedom Essentials bundle on the 13th of August.  They just sent out the equipment today  because "there was an error with the order".......and changed my service ready date from 9/4/09 to 9/22/09......Okay so I am looking at like 6 weeks....if they keep the new ready date that is....anyway I just got an email from them and it states that the connection speed at my house will only be up to 1.5M..........Okay so here is my question.....If I am only able to get UP TO 1.5M.....then shouldn't I really only pay for the up to 1M...and save myself  $20.00 a month?  And if this is the case....why didn't they tell me this in the first place?  I haven't even begun service yet and am totally FRUSTRATED with both the customer service and how this order has been handled....any information would be great.  thanks

0 Likes
Re: Just ordered up to 3M service....???
brooklyn93boy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey, I don't know much about this but my best information to you would be maybe your a little too far from the Verizon Central Office around your area which limited your DSL service up to 1.5Mbps. So if you ordered 3Mpbs and you will only be getting up to 1.5Mbps, I suggest you call Verizon and let them know and to lower your monthly bill. Anymore questions, please feel free to ask me.

0 Likes
Re: Just ordered up to 3M service....???
FieldT
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wait till you get service and it is up and working. Then once it is working call up tech support and have them run a test on line to see how much signal is coming to your modem, it may be enough for 3M service, it may not be. Until then they are just guessing on your distance as to what you can get, this , make sure you use the cord they sent you from jack on wall to the modem, make sure everything plugged into any jack has a filter on it, except for the DSL modem.

0 Likes