Re: Need full manual for Actiontec GT784WNV
migold

I would like a manual also.  I have the Actiontec working all except for the 'WPS' button.  It does not seem to activate, does it have a light that comes on to indicate operation?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It does have a light built-in. You should see that turn on briefly when the router is booting up.

If you can avoid the use of WPS please do so. It is known to be vulernable, and most equipment has a way to manually configure the wireless settings for networks that do not support WPS. Turning off WPS and the router's WPS PIN in the router's web interface is one of the best steps that can be done to secure a network.

0 Likes
MattFromPhilly
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
Solarsails
Enthusiast - Level 2

Greetings,  I noticed your post and wanted to say that D-Link's DSL-2750b is a good device.  Especially the ones with hardware version T...  Do you have the stock firmware or verizon's proprietary firmware that comes with a verizon delivered router.  The reason that I ask is this DSL modem / router performs much better with the stock firmware from D-Link.  It's rather tricky to install however.  The way that you can tell is if you go into the router and see verizon logos all over the place then its verizon firmware.  I was so disgusted with the router until I installed the D-Link firmware on it.  After that it has worked flawlessly.  I also gained the use of the USB port on the back with the D-Link firmware.  Its also much more intuitive to set up then with the verizon firmware.  I think that its an awesome device.  It certainly is worth more money with the D-Link firmware on it than the verizon firmware...  Which firmware are you using?  And be careful with the versions.  There is a version T and a version B--- I think there is also a U...  But they are totally different when it comes to upgrading, fyi....

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes