Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

New connection with a 2wire router

Tammyh00
Contributor
Contributor

New connection with a 2wire router

Message 1 of 3
(4,830 Views)

I'm trying to set up my new DSL service using a 2wire router. Verizon is telling me it isn't a compatible router but 2wire is telling me it should work fine. Verison says I have to urchase a router in order to make my service work. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can make my 2wire work with the Verizon service? I know it can be done because I know other who have used the 2wire. Thanks for any help you can offer.

2 REPLIES 2
Tammyh00
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New connection with a 2wire router

Message 2 of 3
(4,822 Views)

I forgot to mention that my internet and wireless lights are green but my DSL light is blinking red. Sometimes it blinks green then turns red and repeats.

dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: New connection with a 2wire router

Message 3 of 3
(4,784 Views)

I do not have any 2wire router, so most likely I can not help you very much...

But  I can tell you what I know.

For the VPI, enter in 0.

For the VCI, enter in 35.

So, all you need from them is the Encapsulation (and if you use PPPoE, the user name and password).

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title