Out of country tech support
Pat

I ordered DSL service over the internet.  I know, it is cutting edge technology, but I took a shot at it.  Well, Verizon screwed up the order royally to the point where some departments couldn't even see an order placed. 

Than when you try to call tech support for help, you get a foreigner who you have  a language barrier problem with.  There was 1 time when I actually asked to speak with someone who I could better understand.  Guess she didn't like that, because she transferred me to no where land.  And soon all I heard was a dial tone.

Another problem they have is no one wants to correct the problem.  They just pass you along.  They don't want to get involved, so off to the next person you go.  You may get lucky and get someone, you may get real lucky and get someone who actually cares about your problem and helps you.  But more than likely, you will be calling in again to start the process all over again.

And its a god thing they are a phone company and do not have to pay for their 800 number.  You are on hold for so long, their 800 number usage must be astronomical in charges.

And do not even think of insulting them and ask to speak to a supervisor.  This will get you sent to no where land faster than you can hit the call button.

So, for an order that I was given an activation date of 8/27/08, they are now telling me it will be 9/2/08 at the earliest.  But I am not counting on that date as it being activated either.  That would mean someone actually had to do some work to get my service hooked up, and no one at this company seems to want to work.

Maybe one of these days, the technology of placing an order over the internet will be second nature to a technology based company like Verizon.

0 Likes