Port forwarding with Westell 7500.
JKL11293

I recently got this upgrade from the versalink 327w after verizon tried to upgrade my firmware and broke it. I could set up port forwarding with the 327w easily. Now with the 7500, there are all these new options, direction [in/out] and port direction [src/dst]. When selected with direction out, the choices of src and dst show up. With direction in, the option is automaticcaly greyed out with dst. I have tried out everything and it still doesn't work. The security is also set to No Security. Canyouseeme.com tells me for the port that the connection is refused or timed-out. Help anyone?

0 Likes
Re: Port forwarding with Westell 7500.
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@JKL11293 wrote:

I recently got this upgrade from the versalink 327w after verizon tried to upgrade my firmware and broke it. I could set up port forwarding with the 327w easily. Now with the 7500, there are all these new options, direction [in/out] and port direction [src/dst]. When selected with direction out, the choices of src and dst show up. With direction in, the option is automaticcaly greyed out with dst. I have tried out everything and it still doesn't work. The security is also set to No Security. Canyouseeme.com tells me for the port that the connection is refused or timed-out. Help anyone?

#1 If Verizon could try to upgrade the firmware of the Westell 327w, what makes you think that they can not try to upgrade the firmware of the Westell 7500?

#2 Please show me a screen shot of that screen, that you speak of.

0 Likes
JKL11293

#1 I'm not trying to upgrade any firmware at all. I didn't say anything about trying to upgrade my firmware for the Westell 7500.

#2. [IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/14av21u.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i28.tinypic.com/ilkunt.jpg[/IMG]

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ok...

Let us say that you are forwarding for a web server that uses port 80.

For the name, enter in webserver.

Select Forwading.

For the Protocol, select TCP.

For the global port start, global port end, and base port: put in port 80.

For the direction, select in.

and press apply.

0 Likes