Premium Technical Support!!
danny3477

I have had Verizon home phone service and DSL for many years now and when I signed up for service there was NO Premium Tech support **bleep**.. If I had a problem I called Tech support and they would handle it. NOW if you have a problem and the standard Tech support can't help you (Which they most likely can't) they transfer you to PREMIUM Tech support.. But wait here's the catch.. in order for premium tech support to help you with your issue you MUST PAY EXTRA... This IS NOT included with the fees you pay every month.. They try to Scam you (YES SCAM) into paying $14.99 a month but you must get on a 10 month contract.. or you can pay a one time fee of $89.99 and this is good for only 72 Hours.. Or you can go with option 3 and only pay $39.99 which is only good for 30 Minutes (Yes 30 Minutes) and the best part is that if your issue is not resolved within 30 minutes you must purchase more time.. Is this **bleep** or what? I know the economy is down the toilet but come on.. I think that if this service was not offered to you at the time you signed up for service then you should get this service included with your monthly fee.. I will be blogging about this all over the internet and hope that Verizon will lose alot of customers... I will be changing to a different service provider...

0 Likes
Re: Premium Technical Support!!
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is your issue that on why you needed/requested their help?

0 Likes
Re: Premium Technical Support!!
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Premium Technical Support is supposed to only be for issues that fall outside of normal Tech Support agents' support boundaries. Before the introduction of PTS, the only answer Tech Support had for these issues was that you would have to call the OEM.

They are not charging for a service that was previously free, they are adding a NEW support option for things that are not technically Verizon issues.

What is the issue they referred you to PTS for?