Problems with my DSL and Encore Enwhi G3 router.....
duende4

When I first got the router, there were some easy instructions on the cd to connect, so it was no problem until the router stopped working  within a month or so. When I finally got it replaced by Encore, the only options given were to disconnect from the old router or to connect with it. It was long gone, because the company eventually told me I needed to send in the old one to get a replacement, so I tried to guess how it went. That wasn't good, because the modem then stopped working. After I got it replaced, I have been working without the router, but it would be great to be able to work with my laptop.

Today I have spent some time trying to get simple instructions regarding this router that don't talk about a LAN for connecting it without destroying my modem again. Deleting the whole program still left the CD "detecting" a router and giving me only the same two options  I honestly wish that I had never heard of Encore and had bought anything else. I am feeling gun shy about the whole thing and it is tempting to throw the GD thing away and get something good, but that is not an affordable option at this point.  

Just pointing out a web page address would be good.

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
Re: Problems with my DSL and Encore Enwhi G3 router.....
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 What is the brand and model of your modem?

--

Let us do some steps together.

#1 Be online with this modem.

#2 Check the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, and DNS Server(s) on your computer.

If you are Windows XP, this would mean.....

a) Go to Start -> Run.

b) Type in

cmd

and press enter.

d) In the new window, called the command prompt, type in

ipconfig /all

and press enter.

#3 The IP Address on your computer is the same or different from the IP Address at http://www.whatsmyip.org/ ?

Please note: I would not recommend telling anyone that IP that you saw at whatsmyip.org - unless you want someone to connect to your computer.

#4 If the IP address in the same as the IP Address as shown on that site, are you using DHCP or PPPoe?

>This means, if you use Windows XP - Go to Start -> Connect to -> Show all connections.

If that exist. If that does not exist, then go to Start -> Control Panel -> Network Connections.

At that screen, is there any broadband connections listed - that says something about WAN MiniPort (PPPoE)?

For example, here is a screen shot from my computer.

If not, you are in a DHCP area.

^^
0 Likes
duende4
Thanks for responding. The addresses are quite different. The model is a 6100G.
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Interesting.

Maybe nothing is wrong with your router. If the LAN IP of both routers start with 192.168.1, then your connection to the net will not work.

I point to http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13600

All DSLR (dslreports.com) FAQs » Verizon Online DSL FAQ » 4. Hardware » How do I use a router with the Westell 6100?

^^

0 Likes