Slow Download speed, normal upload speed
kalessin

my dl speed has been going haywire in the past two days; i keep getting very slow dl speeds, but the upload rate seems to be okay. the first time this happened, I tried turning off the modem then pressing the reset button, and it went back to normal. now the same problem occured and turning off the modem for 15 min or pressing the reset button seems to have no effect. any suggestions? I see that some of you have been having this kind of problem. anybody figured out the cause of this yet? and the solution? thanks

0 Likes
Re: Slow Download speed, normal upload speed
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What is the brand and model of your router?

#2 What is the brand and model of your modem?

#3 What software firewall is on your computer?

0 Likes
homercles82
Enthusiast - Level 3
What area of the country are you located in? I am having the same problem and am curious.
0 Likes
kalessin

1/2

Actiontec GT704WGB i think its a router modem

i have avast for my firewall

im using a netgear WPN111 wireless adapter aswell

but all of these worked fine before i had a good 2 months before things got messy.

i live in Moreno Valley, California

0 Likes
kalessin

okay this has to be verizon's fault because i just left my pc on overnight and now its back to normal. still, id like to know what to do next time this happens. sheesh. never had this kind of thing with sbcglobal before.

ok 2 minutes later its back to being slow -_-

0 Likes
kalessin

ok sorry i think i got the modem/ router mixed up. its actually an Ultraline Series 3 Model 9100EM says Westell model: A90 on the back. as for the light signals The light on the globe icon constantly blinks even after restarting or resetting the modem.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

In your modem combo (modem and router all-in-one), post the modem status.

I am not sure, but try System Monitoring -> Advanced Status -> Transciever Stats.

0 Likes
bojal465

I have the same problem over here so it must be a Verizon issue.  Two days ago I was getting about 2mbps then yesterday it when back to my normal 7.1mbps and now today I am back to 2mbps.  I have already troubleshooted with customer support for about an hour.

0 Likes
kalessin

for anyone who still needs help with this issue i managed to return my modem to normal download speed by disconnecting all the cables in the back of the modem and reattaching them 15 min later. a trick i learned from sbcglobal... seemed to fix the problem for now, not counting on it tho.... youll hear from me if it goes haywire again

0 Likes