Re: Worst Internet Ever.
yorlik
Enthusiast - Level 1

'it is all relative;  u may be tickled pink with 700kb download speed and say it is great.  wake up and look at the posts - verizon has the worst customer service and record of not giving what they advertise of any company still in business.  too bad they have a **bleep** monopoly in our area or they would be fired!

Re: Slow DSL Speeds?? Please post here. . .
29MC29

I am having speed problems (especially with videos).  Videos start and stop in spurts.  My router is a Model 327W.  This problem happens a few time every week.  I unplug and restart the router as well as my laptop.  Sometimes this seems to work, but only temporarily.  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Slow DSL Speeds?? Please post here. . .
Agon123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok. can you address my problem?

I have slow download speeds in Washington DC. I've had this problem now for around 3-4 weeks best I can guess. This is after calling Verizon and having them "fix" this problem back in February. You can see my posts for a description, but basically, my modem claims that I have a 3MB/.8MB connection, but my actual speeds are less than 1MB download. I've tried various speed tests sites, Netflix (low quality resolution), webpages are slow to download, etc.

So now what?

0 Likes
Slow broadband in the evening
brodie
Enthusiast - Level 1

During the day with Verizon speed test for a nominal 3meg line, download is 2.7meg approx, in the late afternoon it slows down to less than 900k.  upload is fairly constant at 750-860. It appears to me that you do not have enough bandwidth to support your traffic load at the service office. On phone lines the ratio used to be 10-15 lines/trunk. What is your ratio for internet bandwidth? I think that my problen is a central office capacity issue. Please reply.

Thank you

Re: Slow broadband in the evening
nospeedinternet
Enthusiast - Level 3

They call it congestion.

I have had a slow broadband in the evening since December. Called support many times and one called me back and told me that Verizon needs to upgrade their equipment and there was nothing that could be done and they had no date on when or if they was going to upgrade.

I am getting 0.56mb/s download 0.65 upload at the time of this post.

It's that way everyday and it's a 3meg line. PRC LLC calls and tells me it's fixed but never does a follow up.

If it's not fixed in the next month a wireless provider is about to go online here and that will end my 10 years of being a Verizon DSL customer.

Download Speed
Ogchale

http://www.speedtest.net/result/778095459.png

is my speed in the morning and afternoon

http://www.speedtest.net/result/791330747.png

and this is my speed in the evenig what is the problem

and also how high should my download speed be in Kbps because right now im getting 900Kbps right now.

0 Likes
Re: Download Speed
nospeedinternet
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had this since December and called support again on April 20 and I have had good speed at night for the last 2 days. I would wait till it's at it's slowest and call support. When I ran their Perform real-time diagnostics  it failed when it was slow https://www22.verizon.com/foryourhome/eRepairNet/DSLRepairANR/Common/status_report.aspx 

They never said what the problem was just said it was on their side. I don't expect it to last as many times as I have called but it has been running better than it ever has.

0 Likes
My DSL become unstable since yesterday!
spdowind

I am using Verizon DSL and for xbox 360, starting yesterday when I play online games like Modern Warfare 2, my character start to " Lag" and go backwards once every 20 seconds. IT is very annoy.

What is wrong with my internet suddenly?

Help thanks

0 Likes
Re: My DSL become unstable since yesterday!
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What is the brand and model of your modem?

#2 What is the brand and model of your router?

0 Likes
Re: My DSL become unstable since yesterday!
spdowind

My moderm is a Westell model number G90-610015-20

My router is the Linksky WRT54G2

0 Likes