Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Spam is being sent with my email address on it!

falconb1
Contributor
Contributor

Spam is being sent with my email address on it!

Message 1 of 2
(4,765 Views)
I get a few spam messages re drugs every day.  What concerns me is that they may be using my email address to send these messages to others.  How do I stop them from posting messages with my email address on them?  How do I deal with this?  Any hints?
1 REPLY 1
guy
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: Spam is being sent with my email address on it!

Message 2 of 2
(4,749 Views)

Once a spammer has your email address that is pretty much end of it.  Nothing you can do other make a main account email address for only important things and use the other free email address until they get spammed like this and delete them.  then start a new email.

Another option is to use Gmail and use it as a spam filter in a way.  Use Gmail to read and send emails, but make it forward only the emails you want to you verizon email address. 

Stay clear from Env3 and Env Touch. They are sub-par due to many software problems that need addressed. The consumer is the guinea pig in this lab experiment they want to call a 'cellphone'......
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title