Still Intermittently Disconnecting
odinn7
Enthusiast - Level 2

During the hurricane here in Northeastern Pennsylvania back in August, we lost power and phone/internet service for a few days. Well, Verizon restored our phone and internet but since that time, whenever it thunders we lose connections and when it rains, the DSL speed becomes worse than dial-up.

I called Verizon about this on 10/1 and talked to Harish who tried to help me resolve the issue even though it was fairly obvious that it is not happening due to my computer, modem, or anywhere inside my house. He was unable to solve the problem and told me he would report this and I would have someone out to check the lines within 2 days and they would let me know the results.

I seem to be still having this problem and I have not heard from anyhone whether it was looked into or not.  I see no record of it when I look for reported problems. So, was it reported?

0 Likes
Re: Still Intermittently Disconnecting
Karl_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hi odinn7 -- I sent you a private message about your post.  Please take a look and get back to me when you're able.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Still Intermittently Disconnecting
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

During the rain do you have issues with the voice service, such as static or humming? The next time you have an issue with noise, if this is the case, give Verizon a call from a cell phone and have them perform an MLT Test on the line, reporting line noise as the trouble. They should, if the test comes back with a failure, dispatch a tech who will have information on where the fault is and correct it.

0 Likes