System Requirements - not matching up
geminiswede

I want to get Verizon High Speed Internet, and I did the automatically check my computer thing, but it says my operating system does not meet the minimum system requirements.  I double checked and everything matches up fine, and I have Windows Vista, which is on the OS list.

It's also strange because on the system requirements check where it says minimum system requirements result, it has a little box with a red x, but if I hover over it, it says passed.  This confuses me, so I don't know if I meet the system requirements or not...

If someone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.  I'd call verizon, but their phone number says M-F only.

0 Likes
Re: System Requirements - not matching up
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Even while your computer does not match the system requirements, your computer must likely can get online.

#1 Do you have DSL service from Verizon or are you going to order it?

#2 Do you have a NAT router?

If it helps: Here is a website, with a huge list of routers..

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

At this time, you most likely do not care about portforwarding (allowing users from the net to connect to you)..

..so please do not buy PFConfig or follow the directions at that site.

#3 Do you have a DSL modem?
0 Likes
geminiswede

1)  I'm going to order it, which is why I was testing the system requirements.

As for 2 and 3, the Verizon site says on the installation tab that when you order the internet you would get a modem or a router in the installation kit.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Personally I do not have Vista, but my dad does and it is working fine here.
0 Likes