unable to format text
sherze

Don't know if this is the right place to post this issue! For years (yes, years) have had a problem with formatting a paragragh on Verizon DSL. Have tried repeatedly to resolve the problem by posting here, on the Microsoft website, asking techy friends what could cause the problem. Am unable to fix what ever is wrong. Basically, when attempting to type a paragragh in emails, on bulletin boards, anyplace on the 'net, the sentences, typed as left aligned with no indentation & a line break  so it looks like a paragragh, are not aligned properly & are weirdly displayed once the send, apply, enter, post, etc. button is hit.  It displays as a long line break then the beginning of the next sentence all on the same line. The problem compounds when I try to insert an additional line or word in an existing paragragh. When I try to paste a properly formatted paragraph from a word processing program, it does the same thing, so I figure the problem is in the Verizon program.                                                                               For instance, this line is a new paragraph started after the word  "hit" on the last line. It may or may not display correctly once post is entered. What I'm seeing looks fine.                                                                                                                                                    This is another new paragragh. The problem has continued through upgrades of Internet Explorer, any upgrades in Verizon services, router changes. Have the same problem on a computer using XP and a computer using Vista which are sharing the same connection- not at the same time.                                                                                                                                                                 This is another new paragraph. Obviously, I'm not a computer tech person so if you have any ideas, suggestions, resolutions, please keep that in mind!!                                                                                                                                                                                        Another new paragraph. Thanks for any & all help!!!!! 

0 Likes
Re: unable to format text
sherze

The way the first post is displayed is an example of the problem.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't think I would have too much of an answer for you on this one at the moment. This is a very unusual problem. If you think it's a problem with Verizon DSL, have you tried taking one of the affected computers to another location to see if the problem persists?

0 Likes
sherze

Thank you so much for your reply!! Not sure what you mean by another location. The problem originated on a desktop with XP with Explorer (not sure what version) after having Verizon DSL for several months. A laptop with Vista which is currently using Explorer 9 developed the same problem a few days after both were networked via a wireless browser. Have tried doing a search on this to try & understand where the problem text editor- assuming I'm looking for the right thing- could be, to no avail. Asked everyone I can think of that knows far more than I do about computers: they have no suggestions. Was hoping that somone on this forum had some ideas!!!

0 Likes