Verizon or Youtube being slow?
andylui8
Enthusiast - Level 3

is youtube having problems lately? why is it soo slow and even buffering at 240p while i can watch like 720p+ videos or livesteam on other website?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon or Youtube being slow?
etcher
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm wondering also. I switched from cable to Fios 50/25 recently. I never had a problem with loading youtube videos with cable, but as soon as I switched it has been hard for me to even get videos at the lowest quality. I thought maybe it was just coincidence and the youtube servers became slow at the same time I switched, BUT if I have my mobile phone connected through my Fios wifi I can't get the videos to play very well, but the second I turn off wifi and the 4G kicks in the video plays fine.

I've done multiple speed tests with positive results and other video sites work fine at the best HD quality.

0 Likes
greenman303
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its not you, Its verizon intentionally throttling there clients. I've been trying to ge them to fix my connection for almost a year now. Your better off going back to cable.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's YouTube. If you know how to switch the cache server you're hitting on YouTube's end it'll move along just fine. If throttles were in effect you'd find even that trick wouldn't work. Verizon and Google do need to work together to resolve this issue however, since it's a pretty common issue.

0 Likes