westell 2100 , cant reconnect
chigirl
accidentally fried my power cord to modem,,,,power strip blew a fuse,,,so i changed power cord to modem, now i cant get dsl to work. I even bought a new netgear modem, didnt work either. I still have phone service, but now dsl,,,,,is there a problem with verizon dsl line as a result of the short circuit at the power cord? Need my dsl desperately,,,am i missing something here? Help please
0 Likes
Re: westell 2100 , cant reconnect
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 After you got the new netgear modem: Did you turn everything off and kept it off for at least 2 hours, before turning the stuff back on?

If not, then do that.

#2 What is the model of that netgear modem?
0 Likes
chigirl
Thanks, dont think i turned system off for two hours. Netgear modem is adsl2 or dm111p,,,when i connect them, they cant find each other. I checked phone line and it works, but thats it. Verizon cust service said the problem could be somewhere else. The online diaganostic i ran said my dsl was working, so im puzzled. Maybe there is a firewall issue?
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@chigirl wrote:
Thanks, dont think i turned system off for two hours. Netgear modem is adsl2 or dm111p,,,when i connect them, they cant find each other. I checked phone line and it works, but thats it. Verizon cust service said the problem could be somewhere else. The online diaganostic i ran said my dsl was working, so im puzzled. Maybe there is a firewall issue?

#1 What online diaganostic, are you talking about?

#2 What software firewall is on your computer?
0 Likes
chigirl
Verizon website has a diagnostic screen that allows you to input your home phone # and it supposedly checks your dsl service and phone service. Re: firewall, i mentioned only because someone mentioned for me to check. I thought the new modem would work since its supposed to be compatible with the verizon service. Ive turned off the power and will be trying again to connect.
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
You meant

https://www22.verizon.com/foryourhome/eRepairNet/DSLRepairANR/Common/DSL_Repair.aspx

?
0 Likes
chigirl
Yes,,,that's it, spoke to verizon again today, they said they dont see a problem with the line? Gonna try to get someone out tomorrow, or wednesday.
0 Likes