Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

westell 2100 , cant reconnect

chigirl
Contributor
Contributor

westell 2100 , cant reconnect

Message 1 of 7
(6,616 Views)
accidentally fried my power cord to modem,,,,power strip blew a fuse,,,so i changed power cord to modem, now i cant get dsl to work. I even bought a new netgear modem, didnt work either. I still have phone service, but now dsl,,,,,is there a problem with verizon dsl line as a result of the short circuit at the power cord? Need my dsl desperately,,,am i missing something here? Help please
6 REPLIES 6
dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: westell 2100 , cant reconnect

Message 2 of 7
(6,595 Views)
#1 After you got the new netgear modem: Did you turn everything off and kept it off for at least 2 hours, before turning the stuff back on?

If not, then do that.

#2 What is the model of that netgear modem?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

chigirl
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 7
(6,591 Views)
Thanks, dont think i turned system off for two hours. Netgear modem is adsl2 or dm111p,,,when i connect them, they cant find each other. I checked phone line and it works, but thats it. Verizon cust service said the problem could be somewhere else. The online diaganostic i ran said my dsl was working, so im puzzled. Maybe there is a firewall issue?
dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 7
(6,586 Views)

@chigirl wrote:
Thanks, dont think i turned system off for two hours. Netgear modem is adsl2 or dm111p,,,when i connect them, they cant find each other. I checked phone line and it works, but thats it. Verizon cust service said the problem could be somewhere else. The online diaganostic i ran said my dsl was working, so im puzzled. Maybe there is a firewall issue?

#1 What online diaganostic, are you talking about?

#2 What software firewall is on your computer?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

chigirl
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 7
(6,580 Views)
Verizon website has a diagnostic screen that allows you to input your home phone # and it supposedly checks your dsl service and phone service. Re: firewall, i mentioned only because someone mentioned for me to check. I thought the new modem would work since its supposed to be compatible with the verizon service. Ive turned off the power and will be trying again to connect.
dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III

Message 6 of 7
(6,566 Views)
You meant

https://www22.verizon.com/foryourhome/eRepairNet/DSLRepairANR/Common/DSL_Repair.aspx

?

chigirl
Contributor
Contributor

Message 7 of 7
(6,562 Views)
Yes,,,that's it, spoke to verizon again today, they said they dont see a problem with the line? Gonna try to get someone out tomorrow, or wednesday.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title