Westell 327W can't renew dhcp lease
stevo

Starting last Monday I've been having this problem where the modem isn't connected to the internet. It says DSL is connected. I noticed the modems screens are different looking so the firmware must have been updated. After exactly two hours it no longer connects and you have to reboot the modem. It shows the Routed Bridge is UP, then it gets stuck on renewing. If I manually release it, I can't renew it. I called the 800 number and talked to a guy the other day and they said it would be fixed in 24-48 hours but it's still not fixed. The modem had been working just fine for years.

This is the message from the log:

FRI FEB 27 21:14:22 2009

DHCPC_eventHookRtn: Lease not valid or failed

Is this fixable by Verizon or is it comcast time!? 

0 Likes
Re: Westell 327W can't renew dhcp lease
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

Have you tried resetting the router by hitting the reset on the back of the modem with a pen...there is a small pinhole there...

Once you do this you can go to https://activate.verizon.net/launch/welcome

Select the option "Reconnect to the Internet because I reset or replaced my modem"  This will prompt you to put in your User Name and Password.  This process will load your information into the router.

If you don't want to go this route and are more adventurous, you can open the internet explorer, type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.  This will give you access to the router.  the password is "admin" and the Password is "password'  Now you can go to your connections and edit it for yourself.

0 Likes
Re: Westell 327W can't renew dhcp lease
stevo
I called the help number last night and the technician talked me through that process of doing the hard reset. After that everything worked just fine again, so that must have cleared out something that was causing the problem. I restored a few ports I use that are non-conventional and all is normal again.
0 Likes